Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nature Up Close



Often when I’m out walking during this time of year, I come upon something so beautiful that I have to take it with me.



By slipping it into my pocket or carrying it along, throughout the remainder of my walk, I get a chance to study this unique creation and appreciate its simple beauty.



I want to give this forgotten object its own platform; its own “15 minutes of fame”.

So here today I’d like to introduce the second string players that rarely get a chance to shine on their own.


They are small pieces, but work together to create a larger picture that makes this season a miracle to behold.


Our appreciation and awareness of nature affects how we can find the beauty in the simplest of things. What fascinates me about nature, is its constant metamorphous every day, every month, and every season.




The “center stage” for my models include: natural light (as they are all accustomed too) and a plain black backdrop to dramatize their solo effect.


Shapes, colors, minute features and imperfections become the focus of these images.


Instead to seeing nature working together to create an impressionistic color palette for all to enjoy, I’ve taken a small piece of that puzzle and studied its wonder on its own, but in a very bold way.


All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
(Quote from Sunset Boulevard)


.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin